• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pulled over in the morning

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sixwaystonine

the state i live in is NY, the city brooklyn. I was on my way to work in a friend of my mini van. I was driving down a main road approximatly 10 secounds from my parking space at work. im a school teacher so we park along side the school. As i turned the corner and parked the van, as i stepping foot out of the door a police crusier comes up and tells me not to go anywhere? i was shock thinking they wanted to arrest me for something. There where three officers in the car and only two came out the one in the rear and the one driving. the lady officer (third) remained in the car. The officer asked me to see my driver licences registration and insurance. i gave his the reg and my licence, but i couldn't fine the insurance card in the car. so i told him that i dont have it. i told the officer that im at work, im a teacher, and i need to get in or ill will be late. Well after 30 minutes of sitting the officer gave me two tickets. One for no seat belt and one for insurance. I understand the insurance ticket. which can be rememedied with no problem, but i dont understand the seat belt thing, the police had a police car and im in a high mini van, how could they see a seat belt at the low postion, im thinking that i was pulled over for nothing and they need to pin something on me because i remember unhocking my selt belt when stepping out of the van? is there anyway i can get this seatbelt ticket removed?

V

Vincent Cosent

Go to court!

Only the judge can remove it.
Being NY though maybe you could have left a few dollars on the hood of your car for the officer if you know what I mean.
Just kidding officer that wasent a bribe.

Being a school teacher I expected better spelling from your post.
Just kidding !

D

dabear

Are you really a school teacher?

About your seat belt. You don't sound certain that you had it on. Did you have it on or didn't you. Your trying to make excuses why the officer couldn't see inside. Did you have it on or not? If you had it on, you have the right to contest the infraction. Now seriously, are you really a teacher in New York?

racer72

I have a friend that was schooled in New York city. If you knew him, you would believe our poster is a school teacher.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">