• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Quesionable NJ signal ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kashun84

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NJ

Hi all, I am new to this forum and looking for some advice.

I have CA License and I was travelling to NJ in April. I was driving my father's car w/ NY plate and I got pulled over for not putting signal for a right turn, which is really not true coz the intersection of those roads is about 45deg which cancelled my signal. That's why the cop didn't see my signal. I tried to explain to the cop and he just asked me plea not guilty and go to the court which is not an option for me. I plea not guilty for this stupid ticket and tried my best to explain my case by mail, and the court send me a letter which ask me go to the court..... Again, I really hate to pay this ticket not because the money. My question is what will happen to my license, my father's car or other unseen issue if I just ignore this ticket? I really appreciate your advice.

Silverplum

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NJ

Hi all, I am new to this forum and looking for some advice.

I have CA License and I was travelling to NJ in April. I was driving my father's car w/ NY plate and I got pulled over for not putting signal for a right turn, which is really not true coz the intersection of those roads is about 45deg which cancelled my signal. That's why the cop didn't see my signal. I tried to explain to the cop and he just asked me plea not guilty and go to the court which is not an option for me. I plea not guilty for this stupid ticket and tried my best to explain my case by mail, and the court send me a letter which ask me go to the court..... Again, I really hate to pay this ticket not because the money. My question is what will happen to my license, my father's car or other unseen issue if I just ignore this ticket? I really appreciate your advice.
Your father will begin to receive letters at his home, demanding payment for your ticket on his car.

Then he will think you are too young and irresponsible and rude to be trusted, after all, and will regret lending you his car. You will be walking for the forseeable future.

Oh, wait...that's if you were MY daughter. I have no idea what YOUR parent/s will do to you.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
Your driving privilege in New Jersey will be suspended, then it's likely that your California license will be suspended.

Ignoring it will get you found guilty in more ways than one. If you have an issue with the charge adjudicate it in court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">