• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

question about getting served papers for a photo ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

duckndodge

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? .

in Arizona:

my apartment manager told me today there was a gentleman inquiring about whether i still lived at my address and who had a photo radar ticket of me ready to serve me. i wasn't home and i don't plan on being home for the near future!

question:
will he stop trying to serve me and leave me alone, or will he not stop until i've received my ticket? is there a statute of limitations for receiving a summons?
thank you

andrew

racer72

You are just screwing yourself by trying to hide. One of 3 things will happens if you continue to dodge the guy.
1. They will mail the ticket to you certified mail. Refusal to accept the letter is considered a good delivery.

2. They will publish the information in a local paper. Better start checking the legal notices section of you local newspaper's classified ads.

3. You get pulled over for a minor traffic offense and the officer will see that you need to be served with the ticket. He can either hold you on the side of the road till you are served or take you to jail so you can be served there.

Along with number 3, you may also find your license has been suspended and you will get a ticket for that and have your vehicle impounded. The state will take other actions long before the SOL has a chance to expire. As Dirty Harry would say, "Do you feel lucky?".

duckndodge

no kidding huh... i was just hoping he'd try for like a week and then forget about it. i mean it's only a photo radar ticket right, not a subpoena for court!

racer72

no kidding huh... i was just hoping he'd try for like a week and then forget about it. i mean it's only a photo radar ticket right, not a subpoena for court!
Wrong. A traffic ticket, no matter the violation, is a subpeona to attend court if you want to challenge the ticket.

duckndodge

Wrong. A traffic ticket, no matter the violation, is a subpeona to attend court if you want to challenge the ticket.
thanks for the help racer. i'll be waiting for the dude tomorrow.
do you know of any way to fight this photo ticket? you can tell it's me in the pic and it's in my 67 mustang, so it's not like they got the wrong guy! but any way you know that i might have a leg to stand on so i don't have to pay it and have a point on my L would be welcome.

racer72

Google "Arizona red light camera ticket". You will find a number of sites offering advice. Do not follow the advice of the sites that tell you that the ticket can be ignored.

duckndodge

Google "Arizona red light camera ticket". You will find a number of sites offering advice. Do not follow the advice of the sites that tell you that the ticket can be ignored.
it wasn't at an intersection, it was a mobile van parked on the side of the road. i was passing a van so i didn't see it till too late.

The Occultist

Back in the day, we used to be able to ignore tickets sent because of the cameras on the 101. Unfortunately, they revamped the system (both the camera system and the legal system), and these cannot be ignored. This means I'm jumping on the bandwagon here: do not ignore the photo-radar ticket.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">