• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question about losing license. Unique Situation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

budge

Pennsylvania

So, right now I am 17 years old. I just received a ticket this past week for running a stop sign. I already have 3 points on my record. If I am found guilty I will have 6 points. According to PA laws, a minor with 6 points receives a 90 day suspension. An adult will not receive a suspension for gaining 6 points. But, my court date is scheduled in 3 weeks, and I turn 18 in one week. So if I did receive the points, I would no longer be a minor when I received them. My question is: will I lose my license since the ticket was given when I was a minor, or will I not since I will be over 18 when the points are added? If anyone possibly knows the answer to this that would be great. Thanks.

FlyingRon

I'm fairly sure you dodged a bullet here. It's based on conviction date. You need to take the write exam but otherwise you won't lose your license at this point. Of course, two more points it's strongly possible you will.

Eekamouse

You're too immature to handle the responsibility of driving. Hopefully, the judge will take your privileges away so you can spend some more time growing up before you get behind the wheel again.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">