• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question about a speeding ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wjyoung75

What is the name of your state? Georgia
I was pulled over by a GSP in Madison, Georgia, I was traveling 89 mph in a 70 mph speed zone on I-20. I received a speeding ticket for the infraction. One of my friends later told me that the officer is required by law to ask me if I would like for him to check the accuracy of his radar. The officer never asked if I would like for him to check the accuracy of his radar. Is there anything I can do?

The Occultist

Your friend doesn't have the whole truth. You can get calibration testing records when you submit a Discovery request in court.

patstew

Your friend doesn't have the whole truth. You can get calibration testing records when you submit a Discovery request in court.
And just as an added FYI, don't *ever* think that "a friend told me this" is going to help. Go to the SOURCE for accurate information. Always.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">