• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question about a speeding ticket.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

The_dude

Hey I'm Tim and I'm from Iowa.
Basically a guy I went to high school with landed a job as a cop. He pulled me over tonight and gave me a ticket for speeding. We hated each other in high school, and I know he gave me that ticket because we hated each other. If I have to pay the ticket I will, but I'm wondering if there is an alternative? I'm not sure if it will raise my insurance rates or not either. That's all I really care about.

Hey There

Alternatives are always available

4-2-08
Tim from Iowa

As a driver cited for a traffic violation you have the alternative to plead guilty, no contest (same as guilty really) or not guilty.
Speeding Tickets FAQ and Speeding Ticket--Fighting or Plea Bargaining websites have information on contesting speeding tickets including the option of traffic school to remove points for a traffic ticket.
A driver is always entitled to his day in court.
For information specific to traffic tickets in Iowa
typing in Iowa Traffic Tickets on Google brings up websites with information specific to Iowa drivers cited for traffic violations, such as the DMV Point System and Moving Violation Penalties noting that moving violations don't count as points unless they are 15 miles over the speed limit.
The easiest way to find out if insurance rates will be affected by points on a driver's licence is to call the insurance company.

Best Regards,
Hey There

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">