• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question about traffic school and Reckless

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Zah12345

What is the name of your state? MD drivers license, live in FL, Ticket in NC

I got a ticket in NC for speeding and reckless driving. 95 in a 70 on I-95 . I was wondering how can they charge me with reckless when there was only 1 car on the road and that was an 18 wheeler, i don't think i could have possibly done any harm to that guy. My other question was if I can get traffic school in FL to reduce my points for the NC ticket. I'm not sure how points really work between states and how the insurrance company uses them. Its my first offense.

lwpat

In Virginia simply exceeding 80mph is automatically considered reckless. This is a criminal charge, not a traffic infraction. In Virginia, the penalty for reckless driving is up to 12 months in jail, and/or up to
$2,500 in fines and carries a possible 6 month license suspension.

If you can appear for court then they usually reduce it to improper driving with fines of between 300 and 500 provided there were no other problems.

The Florida DMV can tell you what this will mean to your license. Your insurance agent will also have a nice Christmas bonus.

Retain an attorney. I am sure that someone is listed on the find an attorney link on this board.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">