• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question on California Traffic Amnesty Program

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

seeker_

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

Hello,

First of all, thank you for reading my thread.

I have a few question about the California Traffic Amnesty Program as detailed here:
http://www.courts.ca.gov/trafficamnesty.htm

The details of my case are as follows:
West Covina Courthouse
Violation Date and Initial Due Date are in 2012
Case Status:40509.5 Holds
Last Action: Failure to Appear Hold
Last Action / New Appearance Date is in 2012

My questions:
(1) Given that the program offers 50% to 80% reduction of fine, are there reasons for me to consult an attorney instead of participating in this program? (I read that I will be assigned a misdemeanor charge if I pay the fine instead of going to court, please kindly shed some light on this)
(2) What are the legal consequences of participating in this program (e.g. does it mean I am pleading guilty? are traffic points assigned to my driving profile if not already?)
(3) I am residing outside the US now, am I eligible for the program? (the program asks for an US address)
(4) Should I include foreign income when filling in the program form?

Thanks in advance!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">