• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

question on reckless driving charge

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jonboy1981

What is the name of your state? New Hampshire
I was driving on the night of May 25. I pulled up to a stop light coming out of a parking lot. As the light turned green , I attempted to go but my car stalled. So I became agitated and when i restarted my car I suceeded in peeling out my tires as I attempted to continue on my way. Unfortunately, a cop apparently saw me do it and he started his car to follow me. However he never turned his lights on to indicate that he wanted me to pull over, so I took the next right I came to and parked in the nearest driveway. He seemingly took my turn as well and whizzed right by me. Let me emphasize again that he never turned his lights on or his siren in this process. So I pulled out of the back of the driveway that connected to a small parking lot and attempted to continue on my way, but I saw two cop cars pull up, lights blazing, so I immidiately stopped. The cop was quite upset to say the least, and I ended getting up getting a reckless driving charge. Let me also emphasize that I was nothing but polite , courteous, and cooperative with the officer who came up to my window. At the end of the conversation, the officer told me that I could dispute the charge in court, but if I did, then he was going to charge me with arguing with an officer as well. He also told me that he hoped that I lost my license in the process. He has absolutely no grounds for the "arguing with an officer" charge, and since I never exceeded any speed limits, never drove through any illegal driving areas, never endangered any pedestrians, and pulled over as soon as the officers turned on their lights, I do not believe that I should be held accountable for any charge other than peeling out my tires. I also have no past driving offenses.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">