• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Quick question???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mrtee733

What is the name of your state?
CA

I was recently pulled over for having tinted front windows. Is this considered a moving violation? If not, is it contestable?

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks

HomeGuru

mrtee733 said:
What is the name of your state?
CA

I was recently pulled over for having tinted front windows. Is this considered a moving violation? If not, is it contestable?

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks
**A: post the exact infraction # as noted on your citation.

mrtee733

RetiredMotor said:
Not a moving violation, it's a fix it cite, you can contest it.
does this mean I have to take the tint off or can the ticket be dismissed for having the error of stating it as an moving violation?

racer72

It is highly unlikely the citation will be dismissed because of the error, it does not affect your ability to provide a valid defense to the citation. Yes, you can leave the tint on if you don't mind getting pulled over and getting the same ticket again.

CdwJava

mrtee733 said:
does this mean I have to take the tint off or can the ticket be dismissed for having the error of stating it as an moving violation?
It's aninfraction of the vehicle code, does not have points attached to it, and should be correctable.

If you fail to remove the tinting and have the citation signed off (AND return it to the court with the appropriate fees), then you could be stopped and cited again. If cited again, there is another handy CVC section for failing to correct a previous violation ... you can effectively compound your problems.

Take the tinting off, get the violation signed off as corrected, pay the court fee, and go forth and tint no more.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">