• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Racing? And eluding police!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bzt

What is the name of your state? VA

I am embarassed to even write this post because of my stupidity. Friday night while on my way home from a cruising spot, I was sitting beside a friend at a light. A friend of his was in the car with me. We both drive similar sports cars. Without any communication between us (I swear...why would I not be honest here),when the light turned green I dropped the clutch and smoked the tires through the intersection. Well, so did he. I was just showing off and guess what.... there was a police officer sitting off the road somewhere behind us. I had already started to slow down when I saw his lights come on. I freaked out. I am a normally responsible adult. I do not know what the hell I was thinking, but I took off. Made one right turn went down about 2 miles took another right turn and then a left into a hospital parking lot. The police officer had not seen me pull in and my friend got into the lot without being seen either. The security guard was out smoking a cigarette and watched us pull in and saw the officer drive by monents later. Long story short, after about 30 minutes in the ER waiting room, they figured out who we were and caught us.

They arrested us. We sat in the patrol cars for almost a hour and a half. I was trying to BS them at first. All of the sudden they uncuffed me, told me that I was officially unarrested an ask me to explain what the hell I was thinking. I expressed my remoarse and fear but gave them as little info as I possibley could. They told us that they were going to have the charges written up and call us to come in and sign the paperwork.

Then they all left!!! What the hell. They let us drive our cars home!? I still can't beleive that we didn't go to jail that night. I have no idea what the charges will be, but one officer told my friend it would be a class 1 mistamenor and that we would just get a slap on the wrist.

Anyone that has any idea what I am looking at, please let me know where I should go from here. I really don't want to get a lawyer until I see the charges.

Thanks for listening and I will post new info as it becomes available. :confused:

Last edited:

B

bzt

Why do you waste everyone's time?

You are a rocket scientist. And by looking at the other posts that you have made, an aspiring judge as well. Are there no moderators on this site?

If there is anyone that can provide helpful advise, I will be happy to listen. My main concern at this point is loosing my job and not being able to take care of my children.

Last edited:
K

knorris

Pay no attention

to this IMPOSTER who calls himself ROCHELE thinking that were all as dumb as he is. he continually is kicked off here and always manages to come back using a new name you'll notice this time he's using the name ROCHELE believeing we'll all think he's the real ROCHELLE. as for your problem I am not a attorney or a cop but you admit what you did was stupid [ I agree ] so if you have a clean record the punishment shouldn't be too harsh. good luck:)

B

bzt

Thank you.

I was somewhat aware of the issue.......concerning the imposter. I had read other posts including one from Rochelle stating this. Thank you for your legitamate reply.

My friend that was involved called his divorce attorney and was referred to a criminal lawyer. He met with him Monday for about 45 minutes. The attorney is a 10 year police force vet. He told my friend that there was absolutely no reason for them not to site us on the spot and that there was a 90% chance that we would not be contacted. He said that the only reason that they defer is in the case that the offender is incapacitated (under the influence or involved in an accident and in the hospital etc.). He surmised based on the information that we gave, they did not feel that they had enough evidence to convict. Both of us have clean records and I haven't had a moving violation in about 7 years. I don't think that my friend has ever had a moving violation in VA but he has only been here 2 years.

Well, it is Wed. morning now and I have not heard anything. I am hopeful that I won't. For what it is worth, I have learned several lessons. I feel terrible about the whole thing. I also understand the risks that I took and the potential for disaster. I hope that others can benefit from my experience and lack of good judgement.

More to come.................:rolleyes:

K

knorris

I hope everything works out for you and that in the future you think before you act, you sound like you just used really, really bad judgement and I'm guessing that your still young and we are all quilty of making bed chioces when were young just remember the live's that are taken every year because of fast speed and reckless driving. I have 4 teenagers of my own and I know that they act before they think most of the time. good luck to you and do let us know if this goes any further. Kathie :)

D

dabear

It is possible that the officer felt that he did not have enough PC to cite you on the spot. You stated that he lost site of your vehicle and correct me if I'm wrong he did not witness you specifically in the drivers seat. Did you say to him that you were driving? Did anyone else state that you were driving like the security guard?

It is possible that the officer refered charges to the prosecutor, meaning that the prosecutor will look at the officers report and make a decisiion on what charges to file if any.

I'm not going to criticize you, but I hope in the future you use better judgement.

B

bzt

Here is the deal..........

Got a call last night and had to go down to the station to sign my paperwork. Two summons, racing and eluding. I never said that I was driving and there was another person in the car. We look so much alike that there is no way that the security guard, from the distance he was from us, could have said which one of us was driving. They did take a statement from the passanger but I am not aware of the contents. Going to talk to the lawyer tomorrow.

Kathie......unfortunately, you are off base a bit on my age. I am definately old enough to know better. I have a teenager of my own who will be getting his permit in a couple of months. I hope that he exercises better judgement than I have. Thank you for your well wishes.

Dabear......thank you for your insight. Looks like you were right on target. You can be assured that the events that took place have changed my outlook on many aspects of my life. Not to mention that I have not had a good nights sleep nor can I stand to even look at my car. It is sitting in the garage where I parked it that night.

Thank you for your honest replys. Critisism is both expected and deserved.

Sincerely,

Rochelle

Well, how refreshing your attitude is. You're not claiming the cops are out to get you, that they're lying, that they are guilty of entrapment, that they were profiling, that you are innocent of all charges.....and because of that, I hope the judge goes easy on you. Hey, I got a 20 year old myself, but I still got a little wild left in me too.

B

bzt

Thanks for the smile.............

I needed it this morning. ;) Hopefully that will be the last of my "wild" on the streets. The really sad thing is, I race my car on the track with sacntioned sports car clubs and have always been an opponent of aggressive driving on the streets. If nothing else, maybe my posts will help someone else think twice before making the mistakes that I have.

Thanks again to all. I will keep you posted.

K

knorris

Sorry

[Kathie......unfortunately, you are off base a bit on my age. I am definately old enough to know better. I have a teenager of my own who will be getting his permit in a couple of months. I hope that he exercises better judgement than I have. Thank you for your well wishes.

Sorry I just assumed. [ and yes I know what that can do ha ha]
I'm 37 and have four older brother's who all love to build race cars and often race them at our local raceway, I'm not trying to be judgemental but I think it's a '' guy thing'' . so reguardless of your age you still sound like you learned something from all this and that is the most important thing. also I have a 16 y/o and
17 y/o that both started driving this year so good luck with your 20 y/o. :D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">