• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Racing On A Highway Criminal Vilolation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BLSExpress

What is the name of your state? JACKSONVILLE, FLORIDA

LAST NIGHT I WAS STOPPED FOR "RACING ON A HIGHWAY" WHICH I WAS TOLD WAS A CRMINAL OFFENSE AND I HAD TO GO TO COURT FOR IT. FIRST OFF IT WAS MIDNIGHT DARK OUT, AND WET. LEAIVING A STOP LIGHT NEVER WENT OR 50MPH, WAS NEXT TO ANOTHE SPORTS CAR AT THE TIME, NOT DRIVING RECLESSLY. WAS STOPPED, AFTER THE OFFICERS 2 OF THEM DID A HIGH SPEED U-TURN IN A INTERSECTION, WAS ASKED FOR MY INFO AND TICKETED FOR RACING ON A HIGHWAY AND THE FOR EXAUST MODIFICATIONS WICH WAS FOR NOISE. THE OFFICER STATED "I KNOW YOU WERE RACING BECAUSE YOUR EXAUST IS SO LOUD". WHAT DO I NEED TO DO TO FIGHT THIS, FIRST OFF I HAVE NO POOINTS ON MY LICENSE NEVER HAVE HAD ANY NAD HAVE A CLEAN CRIMINAL RECORD AND I AM ALSO A CIVIL SERVANT(FIREFIGHTER). WHAT IS MY BEST BET? THANK YOU FOR ANY INFO YOU GUYS CAN GIVE ME.

lwpat

Florida Racing Ticket

This is a serious offense and a mandatory court appearance. Since you are a firefighter see if anyone knows any of the officers in the same department. If there are any friends talk to them about the best way to handle the citation and then talk to the officer that wrote you the ticket. He may consider dropping the racing ticket if you pay the noise citation.

Otherwise get some recommendations on an attorney. This could effect your job status and will be a major hit for fines and insurance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">