• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Racing ticket in WA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Disced

What is the name of your state? Washington

Alright, here goes.

I work @ pizza hut as a delivery driver. I was recently tagged for a Racing ticket.

What had happened was, I was on my last delivery heading to pick up my coffee from my fiance; and when the light I was waiting for turned green I took off in my normal 'spirited' driving. Being a pizza delivery driver, I usually accelerate pretty quick, and do 5-10 over. Anyways, my music was up and I was in a rush to get off work so I could hang out with my fiance; While about half way down the road, I notice a cop on my left, and he flips a u-turn. I then glance in my rear view mirror to see whats up; and simultaniously check my speed @ 45 (which is the speed limit) and I see him sit in the far right lane ( 3 lane road) for a second behind a red pontiac firebird(which he told me what it was once he pulled me over). He then speeds up and cuts in front of the guy, who looks like he is doing about 30, and pulls me over. He says, "nice stunt you pulled with that firebird."

I was completely wondering what he was talking about until the firebird pulled up. The guy in the firebird gets out, and rights a police report. I was then cited for a criminal citation of 'racing'. I have talked to one lawyer who says my case is pretty good, but I can't afford him since I'm getting married and have to use my money for that instead of the 2500 for the lawyer.

I don't know what I should do; I have never had a criminal citation. I did have two tickets, one was almost 3 years ago( too fast for conditions) and then one 2 1/2 years ago which was 81 in a 60.

I have worked for pizza hut for over a year driving now; never with a ticket. I don't know exactly what to do because if I do get this ticket; I will lose my job.

Thanks for reading, any help would be greatly appreciated

lwpat

The case sounds pretty weak to me but all the court has to have is the testimony form the officer. With an attorney I would think that your chances of getting it dismissed or reduced to something reasonable would be good.

2500 sounds steep so check out the find an attorney link at the top of this page. Only if no one is listed send me a private email and I can provide some more resources.

Even at 2500 you would probably be saving money if he can get it dismissed or reduced. Talk to your insurnace agent and tell him that one of your friends just got this ticket and was wondering what might happen with his insurance premiums. Remember that this will cost you for three years.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">