• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Radar

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

fgongora

What is the name of your state? Texas

If we get pulled over and the officer says he pulled you over for speeding, do you have the right to view the clock speed on the speed gun?
And can the officer refuse to show you this? If he does, is it wise to contest the ticket?

fedcop110

There are some states that the officer must show the target speed readout if the motorist requests, but those states are becoming fewer and farther between. I know in Virginia I am not required to show you the readout. Also in any exclusive federal jurisdiction I am not required (the federal governemt making sense :confused: ...who'd 'a' thunk it)

lwpat

There are some states that the officer must show the target speed readout if the motorist requests
Can you give the states? My info is that there are none.

is it wise to contest the ticket
It is always wise to do everything reasonable to keep a speeding ticket off your record. In Texas you may have the options of a deferment or traffic school. The clerk of court can tell you if you are eligible and if they accept online traffic school. You can also check the particular court at

http://www.trafficschoolonline.com/?lcode=4013

You didn't give the violation but if it is serious you should consider an attorney and possibly a jury trial. You need a local attorney that is familar with the particular court and judge.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">