• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Radar calibration certification time requirement?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Illinois driver

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Illinois

Sorry... After scouring internet, I've last minute request, with my court date this afternoon at 1pm!!!
I received a speeding ticket in Addison, IL (Dupage county). The police officer would not show me the radar, and I was given the feeling, the reason being, he had nothing to show. Using the Freedom of Information form, I requested info such as FCC certification, serial number & model of radar (Ser. E03430, Mod. Kustom Signals Directional Golden Eagle), and last calibrated. As well as documentation officer was certified to use.
The response on calibration was that is was calibrated by the manufacturer prior to installation and checked to be accurate on June 18, 2008, by Tin Star Electronic Service, Inc. This is ironic, as my ticket was also issued on June 18th (just after midnite). Officer was trained to use the radar unit on June 28, 2007, during his Field Training by Officer Wadsworth (I've seen where the training was in excess of 20 hours in other jurisdictions, lending it to take more than just one day).
Searching internet, I've yet to find definitive time requirement of independent calibration/certification for our state. I see other states as annually, or semi-annually. I am hoping this would be enought to have this dismissed (wishful thinking?). Also if I can find what are the required training specifications for the officer?
Thanks everyone, in advance!What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Illinois driver

I would like to be able to show proof of any requirement of regular third party calibration/certification, and training. Thanks again!

Illinois driver

By the way...
The response (which I didn't state above) to requesting FCC certification was the following:
A State of local government agency that has an FCC license for a communications system is not required to have a seperate FCC license for traffic radar.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">