• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Radar Calibration Requirements/Oregon State

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Kingjamoke

Speed Radar Calibration Requirements for Oregon State

What are the legal requirements for the State of Oregon pertaining to calibration and testing for speed radar devices? Can you also provide me with specifc Oregon State statutes supporting those requirements?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can shed some light!!

Hey There

Discovery and Radar

3-16-08

In Oregon on a civil infraction ,Kingjamoke, a defendant has the right to Discovery.
Tying in Discovery for Traffic Tickets on the Goggle Search will bring up websites with info on Discovery and what to do if Discovery isn't provided within the time limits.
When requesting Discovery the website, Speeding Ticket -- Fighting or Plea Bargaining gives a page on how radar can be faulty
and lists in the Discovery Section what items should be asked for when requesting Discovery.
Another site with information on speeding tickets is Speeding Ticket FAQ.
Basically the Discovery Request should include the following information
Name & Address with the notation Defendant in pro per
Name & Address of the Court
Case#(# assigned by the court )Citing Agency (Police Dept.)Citation # Date Issued.
Who the defendant is requesting the Discovery from.
D.A. and police agency.
The request should include a copy of the front and back of the ticket, a copy of the officer's notes, and all the information pertaining to radar if radar was used that is listed in the Discovery Section of the website Speeding Ticket -- Fighting or Plea Bargaining.
Dated and signed this completes the request.
A friend should mail a copy of the request certified, return receipt to the D.A. and the officer who cited him.
Checking local rules if possible will assure that the Discoveery Request is done correctly.
Oregon Rules 35 thru 39 -(2003)Oregon Rules of Civil Procedure

Best Regards,
Hey There

Last edited:

Kingjamoke

Hey There,

Thank you for the info. I have already filed for Discovery. Received a letter back from the Oregon State Police (Discovery Desk) indicating that their radar units are not calibrated on a routine basis. When a radar unit is faulty, they send it out for repair/testing. Seems to me that I read in the ORS a while back that it was a requirement that each radar unit be tested/calibrated on a weekly basis.

lyrics

radar calibration requirements

What is the name of your state? Oregon
I read that Radar units have to be calibrated once per week in oregon, but I cannot find a section that supports this theory to make fact.

I was driving to medford, and in the mist of all the construction on the 5 freeway coming from ashland oregon, there was a sign that said 65, then very quick a sign that said reduce speed.

By the time i began to slow down there was a 55 sign not about 100 feet , all this going down hill to an underpass in midst of slowing traffic and contruction on both sides.

Thus making too many distractions. A green patrol car was just before the underpass clocking vehicals coming down hill just as the sign switched to 55 mph.

This was clearly a trap.

The officer said i had to be going 70mph, which I wasnt, i had my foot on the break, and i was going just over 60 as the sign changed. He said the white car behind me was going 69. so I had to be going 70??????

This sounded retarded.

I asked him for calibration information, and he looked at me as if He didn't know what I was talking about, and told me that the court holds calibration certificates.

I think he was clearly lying.

I need as much information as I can on this calibration laws, and regulations .

I am requesting the before and after certificates, the machne was clearly off.

That spot was clearly a trap.

I havent had a ticket in so many years its been sense high school.

lyrics

Last edited:

I_Got_Banned

I read that Radar units have to be calibrated once per week in oregon, but I cannot find a section that supports this theory to make fact.

I was driving to medford, and in the mist of all the construction on the 5 freeway coming from ashland oregon, there was a sign that said 65, then very quick a sign that said reduce speed.

By the time i began to slow down there was a 55 sign not about 100 feet , all this going down hill to an underpass in midst of slowing traffic and contruction on both sides.

Thus making too many distractions. A green patrol car was just before the underpass clocking vehicals coming down hill just as the sign switched to 55 mph.

This was clearly a trap.

The officer said i had to be going 70mph, which I wasnt, i had my foot on the break, and i was going just over 60 as the sign changed. He said the white car behind me was going 69. so I had to be going 70??????

This sounded retarded.

I asked him for calibration information, and he looked at me as if He didn't know what I was talking about, and told me that the court holds calibration certificates.

I think he was clearly lying.

I need as much information as I can on this calibration laws, and regulations .

I am requesting the before and after certificates, the machne was clearly off.

That spot was clearly a trap.

I havent had a ticket in so many years its been sense high school.

lyrics
Start your own thread.

interesting!

top, i am also wondering what, if any, are the requirements or recommendations for radar gun calibration in Oregon, specifically, Tillamook County and/or State Police.

thank you!!

racer72

top, i am also wondering what, if any, are the requirements or recommendations for radar gun calibration in Oregon, specifically, Tillamook County and/or State Police.

thank you!!
Please don't hijack the threads of others, especially stale threads. If you don't find the answer you need within an existing thread, start a new one.

interesting!

i re-iterated the question of the original post.

it was not answered by any of the following posts.

that is not hijacking.

if you would prefer to have multiple threads asking the same exact question, you'll find that the answer will be more difficult to find when using the search function.

if you're not going to contribute anything useful towards answering the question in the op, i suggest that you stop hijacking/trolling this thread and make your own instead.

interesting!

i posted to top the thread, in hopes that someone else would notice it and have an answer. that has a purpose. what exactly are you doing to contribute towards finding an answer to the question?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">