• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Radar Calibration in South Carolina

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Arthur114

South Carolina
44/25 Speeding

Hey this is my first post on here so im trying to fiqure a few things out. i have read many other topics trying to find something that will relate to me however for the past few days i have been unsucessful. Sorry guys im no english major so my grammar is horrible.

A bit of background, Im a collage student (yes another one of us know-it-alls) however im not argueing weither i was speeding or not. The road i was on is a 45mph highway untill about a half mile where it jumps down to 25mph then back up agian after the half mile. Im not argueing this It has been this way for years now.

My case: I was coming to a stop to make a left turn at a green light with on coming traffic . after i completed the turn the coppers lights turned on. I was wondering why i was going 44 because everybody knows all to well the speedtraps. I politely asked Mr. Butternuts if he hit me with radar, He responded with yes. I then asked if there is any way i can see the calabration records at any point. He then look at me and like a dick said No then walked away to run my information i had given him. When he came back I asked "Sir i dont mean any disrespect, I know you guys have cammras in the car, is there any way i can review this tape before my court date" and he agian said no and took offance to the fact i was questioning him, I thought he was going to arest me for something. I was calling someone when i was being makeing the turn and it went to awnsering machine so i know exaclty what i said. I said only those three things.

After reviewing this on line for days now i have found only a few things about radar calibrations. Any feedback whould be greatly apprecatied im not looking foward to another 184$ ticket. My only other ticket in my life was by the same cop in the same spot also going 44/25 :(

seniorjudge

...A bit of background, Im a collage student (yes another one of us know-it-alls) however im not argueing weither i was speeding or not. The road i was on is a 45mph highway untill about a half mile where it jumps down to 25mph then back up agian after the half mile. Im not argueing this....

You admit you were speeding.

What, exactly, is your defense?

Arthur114

I know only a limited amount of things about law but from what i have learn in the last few days, I belive i have the right to see the edvidance used agianst me and in this case would that not be both the radar reading and the tape recording. If not that then should i not be allowed to look at calibration records of the radar. for all of these the cop said no. I found one case in PA where a ticket was dissmised because this however it is just something he claims to hav done. Just wondering if A ticket can be dismissed due to "Withholding of edivance" and breach of the "Open records law"? Again any help would be greatly apprecaited

Arthur114

I have no clue, i was DD that night for a large party and was on my 8th hour of driving i drove that road countless times that night but i know has much as everyone else here that you slow down to a crawl on this stretch of the highway. That added to the fact that i was coming to a stop i doubt i was going 44,most likely 35. But i just want to see the edvidance and get this ticket gone anyway i can. This guy is so busy and uses his radar so much that i doubt its still accurate even though he calibrates it every day. I dont thing i ever pased by him that night when he had not pulled someone over.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">