• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Radar Detectors

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

spanky72

What is the name of your state? TX

I've been looking into buying a radar detector. Does anyone on this board have any recommendations of what type to get. I thought about getting a Valentine but they are expensive. I figure someone on this board must have some experience with radar detectors.:cool:

JETX

Get one of those new ones that takes your foot off the accelerator about 5 miles before the radar... it is called the 'Grow up and obey the speed laws'.

K

knorris

I thought I heard Radar Detectors were now Illegal ? I could be mistaken just thought I had heard that recently.

D

dabear

RADAR detectors look good in the vehicle but are simply a waste of money. If the officer is using a regular RADAR which is a wide beam then it might help you. Unfortunately or fortunately, majority of agencies are using lasers. Lasers pin point an individual vehicle. One click of the button and your speed is captured. It is not always on. It takes about a second to catch the speed. I have asked drivers in the past if their detector went off and the reply has always been "no".

P

plifter

Most radar detectors also detect lasers as well. I find my Whistler 925 to be quite effective. I've only had one speeding ticket in 4 years since I bought it and I consistently drive 10 above the speed limit. I usually get about 1/4 mile warning when radar or laser is in the area. The only time it's not effective is if a cops using instant on. Even in these cases you usually get some warning when the officer clocks the vehicles that are slightly ahead of you. Also if the cops using instant on they have to see you first. If the cop can see you then you likely can see them as well. Obviously if you see a cop and you're speeding then slow down. The only time I got busted was with instant on at night. I simply had no way to see the cop. The only drawback to my detector is that it picks up a lot of false alarms. If you pass by a business that uses laser guided automatic doors it will set your detector off. I've heard that the Valentine is much better at filtering out the false alarms but at about $400 it's pretty high.

D

dabear

I'm not going to go deep into this, but believe me if an officer is using laser and your speeding, your detector will not save you. Simple and to the point.

Rochelle

dabear, haven't you learned by now that plifter will tell anyone anything to encourage them to try and resist any form of law enforcement? Unfortunately, others that post on here don't know his history of clashes with cops. But then, as he reports it, it's never because he's guilty (and then in the next sentence he admits he is) it's because he's black.

But he also claims to be a poster named immigrant and then there was bomber, and then he even tried to be me for a while. Not only has he confessed to being socially unacceptable, he's even insecure about his own identity. I'm sure those of his race appreciate how well he represents them.

P

plifter

dabear said:
I'm not going to go deep into this, but believe me if an officer is using laser and your speeding, your detector will not save you. Simple and to the point.
I haven't been nailed with a laser yet.

JETX

"I haven't been nailed with a laser yet."

So, there is hope for the rest of us!! Try driving over on one of those military bases... hopefully they can get you in THEIR sites!!

D

dabear

PLIFTER I'm confused. You stated in your earlier post that you received only one speeding ticket in four years since you bought the Whistler 925. Now your story is that you have never been nailed by a laser. Do you ever tell the truth? I do beleive you when you stated that you like masturbating while driving.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

dabear said:
PLIFTER I'm confused. You stated in your earlier post that you received only one speeding ticket in four years since you bought the Whistler 925. Now your story is that you have never been nailed by a laser. Do you ever tell the truth? I do beleive you when you stated that you like masturbating while driving.
My response:

Dabear, he's gone. You're writing to someone who no longer exists.

IAAL

J

juelze

Rochelle said:
dabear, haven't you learned by now that plifter will tell anyone anything to encourage them to try and resist any form of law enforcement? Unfortunately, others that post on here don't know his history of clashes with cops. But then, as he reports it, it's never because he's guilty (and then in the next sentence he admits he is) it's because he's black.

But he also claims to be a poster named immigrant and then there was bomber, and then he even tried to be me for a while. Not only has he confessed to being socially unacceptable, he's even insecure about his own identity. I'm sure those of his race appreciate how well he represents them.
I'm sure those of his race appreciate how well he represents them????? Wow, I guess it is a prerequisite for a cop to be racist nowadays!!!! Everybody seems to be against this Plifter but I like the way this guy thinks. He nows a lot of this countries laws are B.S. and even though there is a ton of criticism from all you squares out there he still preaches on!

Rochelle

Originally posted by juelze

I'm sure those of his race appreciate how well he represents them????? Wow, I guess it is a prerequisite for a cop to be racist nowadays!!!! Everybody seems to be against this Plifter but I like the way this guy thinks. He nows a lot of this countries laws are B.S. and even though there is a ton of criticism from all you squares out there he still preaches on!

And now a reply, based in reality:
Show me where I make a racist statement you dopehead. You can't because I didn't. Plifter is the one who brings up his race again and again. How else would I know he's black and 29 and drives a BMW and thinks that because he does, all cops are out to get him. Even though he brags about how many times he's been in court for breaking the law. Don't pick a fight you can't win doper. And don't stick your doped-up nose into something you have no clue about.

Of course you like the way that moron thinks. You two are probably brothers.....or the same person, since he has to keep changing his name to come in here. Or maybe you have tinted windows because you like to jack-off while you drive too.

And I meant what I said. I'm sure all the blacks who work hard, support their families, go to church, and obey the laws, really appreciate his "I'm black and I should be able to break any law" attitude. HE diminishes them.

SQUARES?! Did you call us SQUARES?!!! NO ONE uses that expression anymore. Wake up junkie

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">