• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

radar discovery

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Reggie999

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Oregon

How important is it for the officer to have a log and docs on the radar gun used at trail?
also, can the judge dismiss for not having a log and dates of calibraition etc?

Last edited:

racer72

How important is it for the officer to have a log and docs on the radar gun used at trail?
Not important at all unless there is a subpeona for the officer to present the info.

also, can the judge dismiss for not having a log and dates of calibraition etc?
Possibly. But not likely.

The lack of calibration information at trial will go to the trier of facts regarding the veracity of the measurement.

You can bet the officer will say he calibrated it. The lack of documentation proving this beyond the officer's testimony will not hurt his testimony.

It is not grounds for a dismissal.

Reggie999

continue discovery

Can I subpoena a copy of all traffic tickets that were written by this officer for the last 60 to 90 days before and after the date my citation was given to me for trial? thank you all.

racer72

Can I subpoena a copy of all traffic tickets that were written by this officer for the last 60 to 90 days before and after the date my citation was given to me for trial? thank you all.
You can but the request will be denied. Other tickets written by the officer before and after your's are not relevant and will have no bearing on your case and will not be used against you. You must be reading one of those websites on how to beat a ticket.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">