• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Radar does not match ticket, or his words.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Motok1m

What is the name of your state? Texas

I was driving back home from a road trip and i got pulled over. The officer told me he 'clocked me doing 85' in a 65. Then claimed that by the time he caught up to me i was only doing 73. He said he would be nice and only give me the ticket for 73. he handed me the ticket, then i asked to see the radar, it showed 77. I asked to take a picture, so i got my camera. He then got really mad and denied me the picture and then told me he would gladly re-write the ticket for 77. after some quick arguing he told me to get in my car and leave or he would arrest me for standing in the road.

Do i have a case considering the fact that non of his numbers add up?

Now keep in mind my car was in cruise control doing about 65 or 67 mph at the time i was pulled over.

The Occultist

Your use of cruise control will not mean anything in court.

The officer had every right to not let you take a picture of the radar. Most officers will not even let you see the radar.

It seems to me the officer tried to cut you a break and you decided that wasn't good enough for you.

Hey There

Ball is in your court

Motok1m
3-22-08

For information specific to speeding tickets in Texas type in
Texas Traffic Tickets on Google and click on Texas Speeding Ticket. Traffic School is available. Jury trial is available, but court costs will occur if found guilty & fine may be higher.
Court date for arraignment should be on the back of the ticket where a plea is entered.
No points on driver's licence for speeding less than 10% over the posted limit .2 points for a moving violation.

When cited for a traffic violation this website advises the driver to sign the ticket, be polite, and save arguments for the court.
For information on a driver's rights and how to contest a speeding ticket when radar is used the website Speeding Ticket--Fighting or Plea Bargaining is one of the most complete I've found on the internet.

Best Regards,
Hey There

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">