• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Radar Ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

subie

Florida

If an officer does not correctly log your ticket, is that grounds for dismissal?

I was in observing the daily procedures, when I noticed an attorney representing multiple clients used an incorrect logging as grounds to dismiss the ticket. It seemed that the officer did not correctly input the information on the ticket. He had the radar serial number on the ticket, where he should have had the log sheet tracking number. Something about tracking detail. The judge reluctantly dismissed the case. The thing is, I don't remember if it was the radar serial or the logs sheet that should have been on the court documents. Can anyone assist me in this discovery?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">