• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Radaring officer refused my request to view radar gun reading

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dstrou01

This happened in Westchester Illinois (suburban Chicago). Real simple. I got nailed for speeding. All was handled very courteously (by both the officer and myself). At the end, the officer handed me my ticket and explained my options to me. Before he walked away, I very politely asked him to allow me to see the offending reading on his radar gun (in his squad car parked behind me). He refused. I confirmed that he was refusing my request, then politely thanked him and drove on into work.

So, don't I have a right to view the reading on the radar gun? Can I present this to a traffic judge and get the case tossed? Much thanks for all input.

Last edited:

"I got nailed for speeding."
I love it.

How many times have you been speeding, and weren't nailed for it?

Geez. Just pay it. I have never seen so many people try to weasel out of tickets as I have here.

Curt581

dstrou01 said:
Shouldn't you be getting back to your homework?
Yeah, you're right, I should. I got a couple accident reports to finish, and two DUI arrest folders to complete.

But since I've done this for fifteen years, I can knock 'em out in less than an hour.

But thanks for the thought. ;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">