• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ran red light

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JCSVT

What is the name of your state?Georgia

To give some background, I'm 17 and have a clean driving record.

Today, I had a bad lapse in judgement. I was sitting at an intersection that I turn at everyday in the morning. Most of the time I can predict the traffic patterns and things like that. I was taking my normal left turn and I guess I was on "autopilot". The traffic from the left and right stopped moving, and the traffic in the opposite direction started moving. I saw a gap in traffic assumed the light was green and turned left like I do everyday.

Well this time the light was red. Not good. I believe the light turned green right after I turned so I kind of jumped the gun. Anyone know the consequences of this violation? By the way, I am in Cobb County. Is there anyway that the judge might reduce my fine?

Thanks.

Last edited:

eddie1481

Fulton County

I am a police officer in Fulton County GA.

A clean driving record at 17 will not impress the judge too much, you have been driving less than two years.

You could request to go to traffic school and pay court costs to avoid a conviction. I'd go to court a day or two early and see what could be arranged with a solicitor.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">