• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

rearended by uninsured motorist

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

chanka_chank

What is the name of your state? louisiana was rearended by a motorist, the car was traveling about 30-35mph, i was at a dead stop, the impact pushed my vehichle into the vehichle in front of me.......the motorist was not ticketed, is this legal, i was from out of town and the motorist that did not yield was from nearby. the motorist did produce a insurance card, which the policy had lapsed upon further checking. i do have uninsured motorist insurance, comp and collision yet i had to pay the 250 dollar deductable........should the driver been ticketed.....thanks for your advice....

stephenk

does it really matter at this point whether the other driver was ticketed?

Not every accident results in a ticket, even if there is clearly someone at fault. Much depends on the officer who reports to the scene.

C

chanka_chank

point taken

however if the shoe was on the other foot, would the outcome be the same.......dont think so, jus happenened to be the rong colour, while the causing party was the right .....thanks

C

chanka_chank

one mo time again

isnn't there laws in affect stating what constitute a repremand of some sort. this was no bump, the car that rearended my vehichle, had smashed winshield, air bag inflated and none of the 3 children had seatbelts or child restraints......the car had to be towed, yet no ticket......sounds like the officer was definently wrong......in his judgemnt call

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Re: point taken

Originally posted by chanka_chank

".......dont think so, jus happenened to be the rong colour, while the causing party was the right ....."

=================================

My response:

. . . and, which color would be the "rong colour" and which would be the "rite colour" ?

IAAL

D

dabear

I really wanted to give professional advice on this until I seen the "colour" statement. You must be a victim of justice system.

C

chanka_chank

dabear

whuts up with the justice system.....jus stating a fact. the driver should have been ticketed, simply because she was clearly, at fault.....slammed into the back of another vehichle that was stopped for the vehichle in front of him. the kid's had no seatbelts or restraints as deemed by louisiana law. right is right.....thanks though

D

dabear

You are correct the person should have received a citation. Allot of the time the individual at fault will receive a citation by mail. In that case, the officer should have told the other parties that the at fault party would receive a ticket by mail.

Insurance companies takes all into consideration when a collision occurs. Insurance companies do not have to give 100% fault to the person receiving a citation. In other words, if an officer believes a certain party is at fault, the insurance company might and sometimes do think different. In your case, sounds pretty open and shut.

Anyway, the officer should have given a business card or his personal badge number or other information on the Collision Report. It is your right to call him/her and ask what action has been taken and why or why not. If you don't like the answer you can always talk to a supervisor.

In the future don't jump to conclusions based on race. There are good officers out there that want to provide good service to the public regardless of race. You have the right to question them and get their point of view. Hope this helped.

C

chanka_chank

dabear

spoken like a gent, thank u, my friend, will pursue this matter as the time is running out.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">