• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

reason for pullover dismissed but other charges stayed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

madukes257

What is the name of your state? Massachusetts I was pulled over for detaching the plates on my car. they asked for my license, they new my car was unregistered because, the plates i did have on the car were for that car but they were unregistered and uninsured. The police didnt take the plates for evidence. My license was also suspended, but I didn't know it was. One week before this I was in an accident and they ran my license and it was fine. On the police report it says I had NC plates on my car, when I infact had NH paper plates. I asked for a motion to supress the evidence. I have no idea what I am doing, they will not give me a lawyer and I can't afford to pay for one. What should I do next.

madukes257

I was charged with detaching plates, unregisistered, uninsured, driving with a suspended license. I want to know "How do I file a Motion to supress the evidence" and also the police pulled me over for detaching plates, when infact I had plates that belonged to the car on the car they were just expired. My husband seems to think because they were wrong about the reason they pulled me over that everything should get dismissed. The DA wants to dismiss the charges on the detaching plates, but that is because the police were wrong about the reason why they pulled me over. I need to know what to do.

racer72

My husband seems to think because they were wrong about the reason they pulled me over that everything should get dismissed.
'
Your husband is wrong. The police believed they had a legitimate reason to pull you over. Your tabs were expired. Everything else is incidental to the stop and you can be charged with the other violations. Many folks, Ted Bundy comes to mind, were pulled over for a simple traffic violation but were charged with more serious offenses and not charged with the reason for the stop.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">