• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

receiving a ticket for suspended license after the original ticket was paid

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

U

unjust

in new jersey i received a ticket for driving while my license was suspended.i paid the original ticket which was over a parking issue in another part of new jersey two days prior to receiving the second ticket for driving while my license was suspended. the police officer originally pulled me over for speeding so he says. the officer claims that i was allegedly going over 90mphs he asked me did i know how fast i was going i replied no. the officer takes my information while waiting in my car another officer comes to assist the first officer. when both officers came to my car they ask for me to step out of the vehicle then they put the cuffs on me and say it is for my safety get a load of that. then they say that my driving privileges are suspended by new jersey and that is why i received the ticket and taken to jail. the officers take me to the police station and placed me in an interrogation room. at the station that i am then told that i will have to pay a $500 bail inorder to be released. the whole time i am telling the officer that i have the receipt for the first ticket that was over a parking issue had already been paid two days earlier. the officers ignore what i say and take me in and impound my car. after posting the bail i am finally released. i go to new jersey motor vehicle after receiving their letter that my driving privileges and pay their fees to reinstate my driving privileges, now mind you that the first parking ticket was already paid. (who ever says that this system isn't a racket is very naive). i receive a court date in the mail to appear concerning the matter of my driving privileges being suspended. when i go to court i plead not guilty. i stand up in front of the judge and informed him that the first parking ticket was paid two days before receiving the second ticket for driving while my license was suspended and that i was notified after payment of the first parking ticket by new jersey's motor vehicle that my driving privileges were suspended. the judge tells me that the first parking ticket wasn't paid and that i was their on the matter of the second ticket driving while my license was suspended. i had all of my paper work showing that the first parking ticket was paid and that i received notice from new jersey motor vehicle that my driving privileges were suspended i even had the notice that my privileges were reinstated. the judge ordered me to come back for another court date and speak to the prosecutor. my question is one were my rights violated because i was never foirmally placed under arrest or read my miranda rights? is it legal to receive a ticket for suspended driving license after the original parking ticket was paid?

Last edited:

V

Vincent Cosent

Yes your rights were violiated

if they didnt read you your Miranda rights before interrogating you.If the first ticket was for speeding and you pay it that dosent restore your suspended driving liscense and I suspect that is what the second ticket is for.

V

Vincent Cosent

Your story is confusing!

OK your first ticket was a parking ticket.If you paid it fine.hang on to your receipt.OK now you were pulled over for speeding and did you receive a ticket for speeding?Then you were found to be driving with a suspended liscense.OK now why was your liscense suspended?Driving on a suspended liscense is a serious charge.It basicly means you are operating a motor vehicle with out a driver liscense.Thats why you were hauled to the police station.If they didnt interrogate you then they dont have to read your rights to you.Got it.
Now your bail and subsequent court appearence and fines were for driving with a SUSPENDED LISCENSE and had nothing to do with a parking ticket.The judge dosent give two cents about your damm parking ticket.
Now if what you are trying to say is you were late in paying your parking ticket and the state then suspended your liscense for that then the second ticket is valid.However if you paid the parking ticket on time then the second ticket is not valid and you go to talk to the prosecutor they should drop the second ticket
And dont forget to get your bail refunded if they drop it.

A

andrea77pa

my fiance is in the same boat

My fiance is going through the same thing and he is afraid that he is going to get a 30 day sentence for it... he just paid all of his fines and had his license reinstated.. but he still has to appear for the suspended license.. Post again and tell me what happens to you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">