• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Reckless: 78 / 55 Fairfax, VA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pepethecow

Reckless: 78 / 55 Fairfax, VA - rain

What is the name of your state? VA

I was pulled over today by a cop who paced me going 78 / 55 on VA-267 (Dulles toll road). He wrote down rain as the weather condition (it was very lightly drizzling) and charged with Reckless 46.2-862.

I understand that this is serious and most people recommend getting an attorney. I have a friend who supposedly had the same thing: going 22 over, charged with reckless, and she got away with a $80 fine.

Seeing other people's postings, and my own review of the law, it seems that 80 mph is the magic number. I was going only 78--will this have a measurable affect? Do I have a realistic chance of going into Fairfax court and pleading this down to speeding only? I have a flawless driving record and I've already ordered a certified copy. I have noticed that most places that recommend a lawyer are on their web-sites, so just a little conflict of interest.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">