• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Reckless Driving

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jm073

What is the name of your state? California

I was pulled over and arrested for reckless driving. The cop released me but I have to appear in court in about a month. I cooperated and hopefully that will reflect postively on my case. What are the chances of me having to do actual jail time for this offense? The law says 5-90 days in County Jail, but this is my first offense and I haven't had a moving violation in over three years. also there's a fine of up to $1000. what's the usual fine for a first offender?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

jm073 said:
What is the name of your state? California

I was pulled over and arrested for reckless driving. The cop released me but I have to appear in court in about a month. I cooperated and hopefully that will reflect postively on my case. What are the chances of me having to do actual jail time for this offense? The law says 5-90 days in County Jail, but this is my first offense and I haven't had a moving violation in over three years. also there's a fine of up to $1000. what's the usual fine for a first offender?

My response:

Your "fine" is a case of K-Y Jelly and a Valentine's Day Card from Bubba.

IAAL

J

jm073

uhhh... yeah thanks. I came looking for advice, not comedians.

can anyone tell me what's the usual punishment for a first offense of this kind?

what are the odds of leniency if I plead no contest?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

jm073 said:
uhhh... yeah thanks. I came looking for advice, not comedians.

can anyone tell me what's the usual punishment for a first offense of this kind?

what are the odds of leniency if I plead no contest?

My response:

We don't care. Do you really think anyone here is going to research the criminal statutes over a wreckless driving offense?

Oh, please.

Just call the District Attorney's office for "punishment", or wait until your arraignment and ask that an attorney be assigned to you. Then, ask that attorney.

Geez

J

jm073

first off, I was pulled over for no reason. I wasn't driving recklessly to begin with. The cop stuck me that charge after they couldn't find anything in my car. They were determined to find drugs or something in my car because the passenger in my car had a previous drug charge. so I gave them permission to search, no problem. they didn't find anything of course and in their frustration stuck me with this reckless driving charge.

if people come looking for advice, obviously we are in trouble already and we cannot go back in time and correct our mistakes. what's with all the preaching in this forum? for a minute there I thought I walked into an evangelical forum. alot of responses seem to be "why were you doing that" or "you were wrong to talk back to a cop". well none of that matters if you've already been cited, does it?

I'm not asking anyone to "care"... was only asking if anyone had any other information. if you don't care then don't respond to my post! its that simple. I already researched the statute myself, as you can see from my first post. I thought this was a forum for people who needed advice, not a place for smart-asses to crack wise when people come asking for real help. you've done a great job of proving yourself to be a jerk-off with nothing helpful to say. thanks for nothing.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">