• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

reckless driving

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

justw27

What is the name of your state? Oregon

Okay so it was during the days before christmas I was pulling out of a parking lot. Then a some young kids were running and almost ran into me. The father then kicked my car. I was not speeding or anything. My friend (passenger) got out of the car and started fighting the guy. I was not in this part at all. I was actually trying to break them up and i was appoligizing to the father and family for it was a innnocent mistake.

Then this mourning the county sheriff came to my house and said that the family reported me for reckless driving. And he says he cannot believe my story because he has heard over three other peoples. He says that i could go to jail or have my license revoked. Now this doesn't just seem right**************help me out?

seniorjudge

So your story is that the sheriff came and talked to you in a way you didn't like.

Is there some other legal issue you have a question about?

justw27

my question is that what can happen? can they get me for a reckless driving if their was no cops their....i was not reckless driving..but how can they convict me of it....what is the worst that could happen to me?

W

WindyAruba

What is the name of your state? Oregon

Okay so it was during the days before christmas I was pulling out of a parking lot. Then a some young kids were running and almost ran into me. The father then kicked my car. I was not speeding or anything. My friend (passenger) got out of the car and started fighting the guy. I was not in this part at all. I was actually trying to break them up and i was appoligizing to the father and family for it was a innnocent mistake.

Then this mourning the county sheriff came to my house and said that the family reported me for reckless driving. And he says he cannot believe my story because he has heard over three other peoples. He says that i could go to jail or have my license revoked. Now this doesn't just seem right**************help me out?
If he did not issue you a citation then things are ok for you so far - that is a good sign that he is just threatening and is not going to do anything but that. The father is guilty of assault (due to the fight), damage to property (kicking you car), and who knows what else. It is hard to see the Sherriff sweeping that all under the rug and only going after you on something he was not a witness to. These other people would have to come in and testify against you - and they are seen as far less reliable to the court.

fairisfair

If he did not issue you a citation then things are ok for you so far - that is a good sign that he is just threatening and is not going to do anything but that.
this is of course your personal opinion, like everything else you post, of course the fact that the sherriff has come to interview him, should be of absolutely no concern according to you.:rolleyes:

The father is guilty of assault (due to the fight),

really, where does the poster say who threw the first blow, were you there, or are you just guessing AGAIN??

damage to property (kicking you car),
what damage? where does the poster say that his car was damaged

and who knows what else.

obviously NOT YOU

It is hard to see the Sherriff sweeping that all under the rug and only going after you on something he was not a witness to. These other people would have to come in and testify against you - and they are seen as far less reliable to the court.
and you base the idea that these witnesses are less reliable on what? a premonition, a dream, crystal ball? We are on the edge of our seats!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

justw27

the other guy (not passenger) threw the first punch....but the passenger dodged it and punched him in the head....but the guy is not pressing charges...and we will see if anything happens to me...??

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">