• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Reckless Driving

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ChristianJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Oregon. I got followed by an off duty cop in uniform. I was being stupid and going 85 in the oncoming lane:rolleyes: Yes Im an idiot. but I assume he called me in cause there was a cop in town waiting for me and pulled me over for an out head light. My buddy was drunk and because of the scent of alcohol, he had me do a sobriety test. then had me get back to my car. He then said that he was going to have the officer that followed me for about 6 miles before I got pulled over write out my ticket. He did so for reckless driving. They had taken a ticket from the town i got pulled over in and turned it into the town that the following cop was from. the next day the came to my house and gave my MOM not me a new remade ticket for the same thing and in addition, another ticket that consisted of failure to maintain one land, failure to obey traffic control device, and failure to have required lighting on my vehicle. The thing that gets me is that the cop that pulled me over, didn't give me a thing. he did everything els but write the ticket. he gave that one to the following cop. I understand that I was being stupid, but that doesn't mean that this wasn't fishy. I would really appreciate some advice. my court date is the 21st of this month. THANKS!:eek:What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

The Occultist

Question: are you guilty of the offenses you have been charged with?

Officers will usually not waste their time writing tickets that are not enforceable, just FYI.

OP85063

I would start to search for info, if an off duty office in Oregon can write you a ticket and go from there or maybe someone here knows and can help you out with it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">