• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Reckless Driving...71 in a 45

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CrowMasta

In Virginia.

Ok, I heard about this site through a friend a while back, and when i got my ticket, I thought it would be the perfect opportunity to try it out.

I was driving a little too fast, and all of a sudden i see lights come on in the median. Well, I knew it was a cop, and I knew he wanted me...so without hesitation, I pulled over, before he even got the chance to get turned around.

Not much was said between the cop and I, he knew I knew I was wrong, by the way I acted.

I got home and called a friend, because I knew her sister's husband was a cop, and kind of a friend of the family, and I wanted to get a little advice on what to do.

So I call him up, and I give him the story and the cops name, and he said he knows the cop very well, and he would call him up in the morning and talk to him and see what he could do.

The next day he calls me, and says the cop would have ripped the ticket up, but he already turned it in, and he would talk the judge down to speeding in court.

I think that helps my situation, but I would really like a little more advice on anything I could do to maybe have the judge give me driving school plus court fees, or better yet, dismiss the case, since it is my first offense.

Any help will be appreciated!

Thanks!
-John Putnam

fedcop110

I think that helps my situation, but I would really like a little more advice on anything I could do to maybe have the judge give me driving school plus court fees, or better yet, dismiss the case, since it is my first offense.

My...we're ambitious aren't we :D If the officer does drop the charge from reckless to simply speeding then I wouldn't count on too many more "breaks." It is possible to get a defensive driving course but you would more than likely still owe for the ticket and court fees. The DDC would be for your point accumulation only. The judge has many options, but since you admit to speeding I can't see you getting off with a dismissal. Nice try.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">