• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Reckless Driving Charge, Bunkerville, NV

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

alexdd18

I've recently been written a ticket for 105mph in Nevada and was wondering my options since the cop stated it was considered reckless driving and would be charged as such.

The vehicle I was driving had recently been damaged due to the removal of the steering wheel, for maintenance while at an auto auction, which resulted in it falling off while on the highway and crashing on an embankment.

As a result of this damage, most notably, a strong vibration would arise as this car reached 85, constantly getting stronger as speeds increased. I do not believe I was even near 105, probably less than 90 when I was pulled over.

I also have a witness who, while not knowledgeable of the speed, could verify the vibration and the lack there-of at the time.

I cannot afford a lawyer and would need to go and represent myself, I was wondering what I should do, and what I should say if I did go to court.

Antigone*

I've recently been written a ticket for 105mph in Nevada and was wondering my options since the cop stated it was considered reckless driving and would be charged as such.

The vehicle I was driving had recently been damaged due to the removal of the steering wheel, for maintenance while at an auto auction, which resulted in it falling off while on the highway and crashing on an embankment.

As a result of this damage, most notably, a strong vibration would arise as this car reached 85, constantly getting stronger as speeds increased. I do not believe I was even near 105, probably less than 90 when I was pulled over.

I also have a witness who, while not knowledgeable of the speed, could verify the vibration and the lack there-of at the time.

I cannot afford a lawyer and would need to go and represent myself, I was wondering what I should do, and what I should say if I did go to court.
You were driving a vehicle that you knew was unsafe to drive on a highway at a high rate of speed, you get caught and NOW you are wonering what you should do???

Say "Your honor, I have acted like an idiot, I am ready for you to throw the book at me now - can you at least make it a paperback so that I don't get a huge bruise"

alexdd18

The car was not unsafe, I was simply detailing a previous experience which explained why the car was difficult to reach a high speed, especially a speed of 105.

I do not believe I was going nearly that fast for that reason, a very visible and physical vibration of the car, but not necessarily unsafe.

Thank you for your opinion but I was hoping for some advice rather than criticism.

Alex23

My neighbor removes his steering wheel to prevent it from being stolen. I no longer consider this to be very wise.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">