• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Reckless Driving in Clayton Co. GA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

khiryp

What is the name of your state? GA

I was cited in Lake City, GA for reckless driving... I am 18 (17 at the time cited) and own a 1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse with a performance racing muffler on it. I came to visit my friend at his new apartment (who owns a 2005 VW Jetta Turbo) I asked him to lead me to the nearest gas station as we were leaving i called him and told him that i forgot something in his apartment so we turned around, as we were making our way back to the apartment, (we were dring in seperate lanes of the parking lot) a police officer came to a screaching halt and turned her lights on and proceed to arrest my friend in the Jetta, i then, after seeing the flashing lights and siren pull into a parking space and turn the car and lights off (big mistake on my part), but to make a long story short we were hand cuffed then released with reckless driving charges... on the police report (which i have a copy of) she says "she knew we were speeding because she heard loud engines and brakes squealing" she also stated "the two apeared to be racing"

My question is, what are my chances of getting the charges reduced without hiring a lawyer based on these facts...
p.s. I have already been to araignment court and pled not guilty, my next court date is Nov. 13th (which is fast approaching) the judge was nice to me (i wore a suit :) and I was polite) he said it would be up to the police officer and prosecutor to see if they will reduce the charges....What is the name of your state?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">