• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

reckless driving (jail time)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

NB123

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
colorado

OMG sorry that wasn't clear at all.

We were trying to get through a neighbor hood. I was driving through the cul de sac the first time and never did we come anywhere close to this man. he shouted something about slowing down with profanity. We continued out of the cul de sac. Minutes later We switched drivers ( due to trying to clean out my car and locate a letter) We were unsure of this neighborhood where we were going. My friend entered the culdac sac again. (Not purposeful) At this time the man was in the middle of the cul de sac. We may have been going around 30 in a 25 according to the man. At this time this man attempted to stop us by running in front of our vehicle he did so twice and twice we ajusted our course. The third time get in front of us He punched the front of my car as we hit his leg going 10 miles and hour or so according the man. My friend has already plead guilty and has been sentenced to 180days for misdameanor assault.

My issue is this. This man is attempting to get a jail sentence to me for a traffic violation (reckless driving) He stated in my friends case that he thought I was behind my friends attempt to hit him. He asked the judge that we be punished the same in my friends case. The judge told him he did not care about me and to take it up with the DA.

My offer is a 6 point careless and a 2 point defective vehicle. this man is making statements to the court and asking for maximum sentences (90 days in jail).

Will he be able to make statements asking for max punishment and jail time? Will they hold water? In a traffic court where I did not endanger him or hit him.

I'm looking for some opinions as to whats going to happen? or what i should do? can I haggle with the DA for a better deal.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">