• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Reckless Driving in NC

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

GAman73

What is the name of your state? I am in GA Ticket was issued in NC

I live near Atlanta Ga and was on a business trip with 2 co-workers. While driving through NC I was pulled over. The officer said I was going 111 in a 60. And arrested me.

I am 33yo have a clean driving record.

I had the cruise control set, but I can't say for sure I was not speeding. I do know I was no where near 100.

I asked to see the rader and he showed me but the display did not indicate 111. Wasn't he required to prove that I was speeding.

I had to have a relative wire me the $1000 bail and posted it and went on to the job.

I was suspended from work and fired 3 days later by the company for getting pulled over.

Now I have no money. And a court date in 5 days. I can't find an attorney I can afford. And I still have no job.

I have tried to call the DA but the admin asst. tells me he is in court tomorow. So I asked when I could speak with him, and I was told I can't talk to him, and I should just get an atty.

Can I request a "PJC" Prayer for Judgement Continued? Or that I get a lesser speeding charge? How and when would i ask for one?

This one stupid ticket has really screwed my life up and my family's too. The 1000 I borrowed was for my brother's wedding in a month not to mention my brother has to drive me 4 hrs each way...

HELP!

Nothing in you message will make a difference.

You will be in serious trouble with a 100+ conviction.

You really need an attorney to keep this from messing up the rest of your life. Insurance increases the first year alone will pay for 3 lawyers.

DRTDEVL

What kind of car do you drive? It may not seem significant, but if you can prove that your vehicle cannot do 111, you might be in luck.

(I beat a ticket in 1994 for 45 over... I was driving a 1979 3/4 ton Suburban with 4.88:1 gears. It could not break 85 without blowing the engine due to the RPMs.)

Yes it is important at that speed to know what kind of car you are referring to since all newer cars have speed limiters in the computer. My '03 Impala LS has a top end of 108 at which point the engine cuts to idle (it's not mentioned in the manual and it is a strange feeling when it happens). Of course if I were going down a real steep hill I might be able to get it to coast higher but the factory tires aren't rated for much more than the cutoff.

So if you were driving a vehicle that has a cutoff below 111 and you can prove it (shop manuals etc, I don't think taking the judge for ride would be a good idea) I believe you have a case. This is serious enough that, as previously mentioned, you should probably consult an attorney though.

BTW - My brother's Chevy pickup cuts out at 88.

LSCAP

Talk to the ADA (assistant DA) in court.

Yes check the manufactures Computer.

Talk to the ADA in court. ( the DA usually has nothing to do with traffic court. he handles murders etc) The one in court is often more reasonable than the clerks you talk to ( they have not authority to do anything.

Were your passengers sleeping? Did they have a clue as to your speed? They said nothing about 100 plus?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">