• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

reckless driving question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

daone

I live in Arkansas and recieved a reckless driving ticket. On the ticket is shows speeding and reckless driving. I was doing 66 in a 35. Was the reckless driving on my ticket because I was doing 30 over? Also I have a clean record. I recieved a speeding ticket 2 months ago for doing 7miles over but was put on probation. What do you think will happen with this last ticket? What is the most I could be penalized? Is there anyway I could be put on probation?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
daone said:
I live in Arkansas and recieved a reckless driving ticket. On the ticket is shows speeding and reckless driving. I was doing 66 in a 35. Was the reckless driving on my ticket because I was doing 30 over? Also I have a clean record. I recieved a speeding ticket 2 months ago for doing 7miles over but was put on probation. What do you think will happen with this last ticket? What is the most I could be penalized? Is there anyway I could be put on probation?
If you received a speeding ticket two months ago you do NOT have a clean record. And they don't normally put people on probation for a speeding ticket. But if you are on probation normally you have to avoid any and all interaction with the law -- did you report it to your probation officer? As for whether or not you would be put on probation for this -- I have no clue. I dont even have a clue as to why you were placed on probation for the other speeding ticket. Something is missing.

JETX

daone said:
I live in Arkansas and recieved a reckless driving ticket. On the ticket is shows speeding and reckless driving. I was doing 66 in a 35. Was the reckless driving on my ticket because I was doing 30 over?
Very likely.

Also I have a clean record. I recieved a speeding ticket 2 months ago for doing 7miles over
Gee... then you don't have a 'clean record', do you??

but was put on probation.
Unlikely. Far more likely that you were put on deferred adjudication...... not probation. And likely that one of the conditions of the DA is that you not get another ticket within a specific time. If the time was more than 2 months... your old ticket deferral will likely be revoked.... making it back 'alive' again. You need to review the first tickets disposition.

What do you think will happen with this last ticket? What is the most I could be penalized? Is there anyway I could be put on probation?
Those are all 'what if' or court specific questions. The only one that can answer them is the court. Ask them.

daone

The clerk said all I have to do is pay the ticket (referring to the first ticket) and it will not go on my record and will be on probation. I dont know how all of this goes but that is what I was told by the court. So considering I have no tickets on my record I feel that it is a clean record, but I guess not. It seems like a few of the replies are somewhat hostile, Im not trying to get people pissed Im just asking a few questions cause I have no Idea. Thanks for the responses though anyway.

seniorjudge

daone said:
The clerk said all I have to do is pay the ticket (referring to the first ticket) and it will not go on my record and will be on probation. I dont know how all of this goes but that is what I was told by the court. So considering I have no tickets on my record I feel that it is a clean record, but I guess not. It seems like a few of the replies are somewhat hostile, Im not trying to get people pissed Im just asking a few questions cause I have no Idea. Thanks for the responses though anyway.
Which response or responses did you think were inaccurate?

JETX

daone said:
It is likely that what you are confusing as 'probation' is really a matter of deferred sentencing (aka: Deferred prosecution, or deferred adjudication).
In Arkansas, this is defined as:
Deferred Prosecution: ("pretrial diversion") A delay during the prosecution of a case to allow the defendant a chance to demonstrate good behavior. If good behavior is demonstrated for the required period of time, the criminal case may be dismissed.

Simply, this means that the court stipulates a period of time (3 months, 6 months, 12 months, etc.) where, if you do not get another violation, your original violation will be dismissed.

The problem here is... in getting another ticket within 2 months, it is very likely that you didn't meet the conditions as set by the court.... so your original violation will become 'alive' again.... and the deferral will not happen. Simply, you didn't do what the court asked.... and the violation will be reinstated.

sukharev

It sounds like you need a good lawyer, who can try to figure out the best resolution to your problem. Either way, it's likely that you would be found guilty on this ticket (unless the officer does not show up, or you miraculously win the case by showing a fatal flaw in the ticket or stop procedure). As a result, your probation will be automatically violated, and the old ticket will be posted to your record. So, you will wind up with 2 tickets in 2 month, and may be a candidate for license revocation (you have to count all points and see what the laws are in Arkansas).

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I think he means that I am hostile

seniorjudge said:
Which response or responses did you think were inaccurate?
Jeez. I think I am being told I am hostile again. That seems to be a pattern when I answer. :( I guess I just gotta say things that people WANT to hear regardless of the law.

HomeGuru

Ohiogal said:
Jeez. I think I am being told I am hostile again.

**A: no problem. You should see what people have been calling me. And JETX.
That seems to be a pattern when I answer. :( I guess I just gotta say things that people WANT to hear regardless of the law.

**A: no don't do that. There are too many other posters doing that already.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Well HG both you and I got told to go to hell on the same thread. I have seen what has been said to the two of you. Dang, maybe it means I am hitting the big leagues quickly if I am already being accused of hostility at this level.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">