• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Reckless Driving Speeding - Virginia

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ultrasparc

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? VA

Hello,

On my way home last night I was given a Uniform Summons for Reckless driving off of I-64 near Charolettesville, Va. My apparent speed was 92 in a 65 MPH zone. I had a DUI nearly 4 years ago, and I do have a criminal record from 4 years ago. I'm highly successful now - as I have pulled my life around. Driving is imperative - I was coming home from a client site that night I got the RD charge. I'm definitely getting a lawyer, but what type of outcome should I be looking at here?

Thanks in advance!

FlyingRon

You definitely need a lawyer, one who is specifically familiar with the court you are summons to appear. Things are not stacking well for you. Reckless driving is a serious charge. 92 is way above the threshold for leniency and your DUI history is also going to bode poorly for you. You might get away without a suspension but it's going to cost you. I'm not familiar with the Albermarle (or whatever county) courts.

On the other hand you could get 60 days suspended to 8, six months suspension with at least 60 days before a restricted license is considered, in addition to the big fine. (that wouldn't be unheard of up here in NoVA).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">