• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Reckless Driving Ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Reckless17

What is the name of your state? Florida

I received my first ticket today and it was a Reckless Driving (316.192) ticket. The officer didn't put down my speed or anything, just Reckless Driving. He told me that he saw me going 65 in a 45 (he was going the other way). I have a court date for the 28th of April and will be dressing in a suit and tie with a new haircut. I plan on pleading guilty infront of the judge. I was very respectful (using sir at the beginning of every sentence) and co-operated fully. The officer on the other hand was very disrespectful to me (I dont blame him).

The officer was also trying to scare me the whole time, telling me that he should arrest me and take me down to jail. He also told me that a couple months back he yelled at me to slow down on another local road, that my school is off of, right after school was dismissed. (He lied because I have a 5 minute walk to school and never take my car there).

My questions to the experts:

With me being under the age of 18, would I get my licence suspended along with a fine? (The officer said that there is a high chance of my licence being suspended till I'm 21. I think this was another one of his scare tactics).

How many points are going to be added to my licence and will I be able to take traffic school to get them taken off? (Officer said that it would be 6 points and traffic school not allowed for reckless driving)

Will there be a chance to get an alternative fine? (smaller fine with community service added on to it)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">