• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

reckless driving in TN

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

m1bears

What is the name of your state? TN I was stopped for 75 in a 50, the highway patrolman never said why he stopped me or anything to that fact. He did accuse me of trying to run from him while I was trying to find a safe place to pull over. He wrote my ticket brought it back and told me I was being cited for reckless driving, and for not signing my vehical registration. I signed the ticket, and he never told me whether I could pay it or if I had to go to court. Nothing was checked on the ticket, and the fine amount was not figured. What is the best way to fight this.

HomeGuru

m1bears said:
What is the name of your state? TN I was stopped for 75 in a 50, the highway patrolman never said why he stopped me or anything to that fact. He did accuse me of trying to run from him while I was trying to find a safe place to pull over. He wrote my ticket brought it back and told me I was being cited for reckless driving, and for not signing my vehical registration. I signed the ticket, and he never told me whether I could pay it or if I had to go to court. Nothing was checked on the ticket, and the fine amount was not figured. What is the best way to fight this.

**A: how fast were you going?
Do you have any other moving violations or other violations on your record?
What does it say on the ticket with respect to contesting the ticket?

M

m1bears

**A: how fast were you going?
Do you have any other moving violations or other violations on your record?
What does it say on the ticket with respect to contesting the ticket?
Approx. 60 mph,
I drive over 130,000 miles a year and I only have one other ticket in the last five years.
On the back of the ticket there are blocks to say whether you can mail the fine in or if you have to go to court. I was wondering if he was required to check one of the boxes, and if was required to tell me why he stopped me in the first place. He is a tropper,and has a very bad attitude. I drive for a living and if this ticket sticks I will lose my job.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">