• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Reckless driving in VA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Simbah

My daughter (18) got a reckless driving ticket in VA, 99 in 65. We live in NJ. I called the court and they told us we had to appear on an arraingment. Why can't we just pay fine through the mail? Why is an appearance necessary? If we do go to court, can we plead guilty and pay a fine then or do we need to plead not guilty and apply for public defender? Can we plead this down to anything? Please advise

K

KLOPEZ

IN VIRGINIA, ANY TIME YOU GET PULLED OVER FOR A RECKLESS DRIVING CHARGE, THEY NEVER LET YOU PAY THROUGH THE MAIL, YOU DO HAVE TO APPEAR. LITTLE BIT OF ADVICE. GO TO COURT, AND PRAY THAT THE TICKETING OFFICER DOES NOT SHOW UP. IF THE OFFICER DOES NOT SHOW UP IN COURT, YOU PLEAD NOT GUILTY AND YOU ARE TOLD TO LEAVE. YOU MIGHT WANT TO GO TO THE DESK OUTSIDE OF THE COURTROOM YOU HAVE TO GO TO AND ASK IF THE OFFICER HAS ARRIVED, THEY USUALLY KNOW AT THE DESK, PAY ATTENTION IN COURT TO SEE WHICH OFFICER THEY ARE DOING AT THE TIME. GOOD LUCK.

J

jamesm

va cops hate us nj drivers don't know why nj drivers are better than va drivers,. Just haired a lawyer to fight my ticket $600 would rather pay the lawyer then the court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">