• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Reckless Driving in VA: Resident of Ontario, Canada

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tyler75

What is the name of your state? Ontario, Canada

I was stopped last week doing 85 in a 65 zone along I-77 near Wytheville Virginia.

After reading the posts on this board I realize what a serious criminal offense I am facing, and I'm quite nervous.

However, since I am from Ontario, Canada, will a conviction affect me? I noticed on our DMV's website that only speeding offenses from NY and Michigan will show up on our point system. Does this mean that my insurance co. will not find out?

However - this would be a criminal record right? I suppose that would show up somewhere? Also, I'm just guessing but I might have trouble entering the US in the future, especially as they continue to crack down at the borders.

Any help or advice, particullarly about the out-of-country issue would be appreciated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">