• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Reckless Driving In Virginia...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Beast01

What is the name of your state? Virginia

:mad: I just got my second reckless (1st 79-55, 2nd 83-55) within like a month and had the chance to pay the first one I got off and that one was some BS because the cop that pulled me over was travling in the opposite direction and had to make a U-turn just to give me a ticket. My second ticket was some BS also. I was travling with a pack of cars and didn't notice the cop until the last minute and then I came up on my exit and the car that I was beside decided to follow me on to my exit which I think made the cop think that we were trying something, but the car that was beside got away free and I got the ticket, my luck :mad: . Now I have to go to court and I'm trying to decide if I should get a lawyer. I need someone else input, can someone please help me?

Last edited:

Search the messages here or do a Google search on VA Speeding Tickets.

You are risking significant fines, huge insurance increases and possible jail time, especially with two strikes.

A lawyer would be a good choice. It will be very expensive but not as expensive as not using one. Ask them about traffic school also.

You need to modify your attitude and driving habits. Accept accountability and don't blame it on the officers, they are just doing their job.

You know what's BS?

People going 80 in a 55 zone.

I'm GLAD the trooper pulled you over. You didn't happen to be on 267 or 495, did you? Because if so, I'm even more glad - I see plenty of nincompoops who weave in and out of the HOV lane going 25-30 MPH faster than anyone, and I usually report them on the "Unsafe Driver" page on VDOT's website.

It's apparent that you didn't learn your lesson the first time. Here's to hoping you get your license suspended or your car impounded.

lwpat

Virginia Reckless Driving

Reckless driving in Virgina is a very serious offense which you should know by now. Not sure of your age but if you are a minor this will probably end up with a suspension and heavy fine not to mention the insurance increase. A lot depends on how the first ticket was entered since it could have been six points.

You need to go ahead and take the voluntary driving school now so it will be posted to your record before you have to go to court. Do a Google search for Virginia Speeding Ticket and you will find a lot of information.

Dougthegreat said:
... I usually report them on the "Unsafe Driver" page on VDOT's website.
You have issues far more serious than someone who receives a traffic violation, get yourself some help dude...

Robbie0723 said:
You have issues far more serious than someone who receives a traffic violation, get yourself some help dude...
Consider this:

I spend about 50 minutes both ways on my route to work, the majority of which is the beltway and 267 (toll road). Multiply that by five days I work per week, and then multiply that by four weeks equals about 1000 minutes or 16-and-change hours a month I spend on the roads with these whackos.

If I see one cut me off, you'd better believe I report him - I spend more time on my morning commute than I accrue in vacation hours per year. I just hate, hate, hate these morons who fly down the road avoiding the flow of traffic and then expect everyone to let them in the "express" lanes at the toll booths (where 2 out of the 6 lanes are "express"), and by expect I really do mean forcing you to throw your brakes on - hard!

So as you can see, it's in my best interests to report douchebags like this character - it makes the morning commute better for the rest of us.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">