• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Reckless Driving Virginia

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rbernste

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Virginia

I am a driver from Connecticut and was pulled for doing 96 in a 65 mph zone on interstate 81 south and charged with reckless driving. The officer marked that he determined my speed by "pace". I realize this is a very serious charge and I am planning on contacting an attorney very soon but I was wondering what the chances of getting a reduced charge and fine? (Also will the Connecticut DMV take any action? I couldn't find any info about this on their website.)

I have a clean record with no prior tickets, I am only 20 years old so that has been 4 years of driving. The court is in Rockingham County, Virginia.

Also another question is the court date is set for November 10th, a date in which I will be attending university in Louisiana. Is there any way this can be moved or if I retain an attorney would they be able to plea without me actually appearing?

Thanks for any help.

BSJM

96 in a 65? What the hell is wrong with you? You will hopefully soon learn like I did when I was young and stupid that you need to slow down and be a little more cautious. When you have kids some day you'll understand.

Using an attorney has the best chance to help and is a good idea since some courts include some jail time for convictions over 90.

I don't think you will need to be in court if you use an attorney. It will be very expensive but probably save you money in the long run.

There are many posts here on reckless in Virgina if you do a search. The concequences can be significant so you are doing the right thing taking this very serious.

Ask you local DMV the impact of an out of state conviction at this speed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">