• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Reckless Driving while going to E.R.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

Paul II

I received a reckless driving summons 08 February 2002 on Rt 66 in Virginia doing 79 in a 55 (radar). My fiance had just been admitted to the Emergency Room at Sibley Hospital with a possible blood clot; I have her hospital paperwork. I do not contest the speed but just wondered that under the circumstances could I plea to a lower charge? My record is clean, with plus points. I am a single male, 40 years old. Thank you.

racer72

Was she with you at the time of the traffic stop? If not, you present no evidence for leniency. Traveling to a medical emergency is not considered valid cause to exceed the speed limit. Not what you wanted to read but them the facts. Sorry.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">