• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

reckless fun

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Zemanbeast

Live in kentucky (pulaski county) Ok I just turned 17 and my parents finally let me get my intermediate well me and a bunch of friends (only 1 in my car) were going down the parkway and a road construction and my friends like floor it let see what this can do. being a teen i say OK!

We fly down the parkway and at the top of the hill i slow down to 50 MPh since its still construction (car hasnt seen me yet nor have i seen him). allofasudden i see taillights moving maybe 20mph 300 feet infront of me, I slam on the brakes and that doesnt do anything im on his bumper so i swerve out of his way and miss him and all the cones. after that I get out of there i start taking my friend home cause im done for the night after that then..... blue lights.

My heart pounds, cold sweat pours out of me. I pull over right away and he asks me have i had any problems. honestly i reply to him yes my brakes gave up on the parkway and i almost hit a car.he tells me that the guy was really pissed off (anyone would be) and i ask the cop can i have the mans number cause i want to apologize asap he says that wont be necessary.
looks at me give me a sobriety test even though im shaking like a leaf i pass

then to make it worse he tells me the man can claim charges on me and i could loose my intermediate

is this possible? what will happen to me? my parents dont know yet, i need advice. :(

Oh and my license plate isnt illuminated ( but i didnt get a ticket for anything)

Last edited:

Zemanbeast

trust me im not doing that stupid S#!% again im just hoping the person i scared half to death wont press charges (even though i dont know how) on me. i wish i could apologize

cyjeff

If you were going to be ticketed, you would have been ticketed already.

However, I want you to realize how lucky you were that no one was hurt.

Do yourself a favor and google "Accident in construction zone" and see how many hits come up.

There is a reason that fines are doubled in these zones.

The Occultist

im just hoping the person i scared half to death wont press charges
I agree with Cyjeff that a lack of cite at the time of stop will likely mean that you have nothing to worry about, but do note that it is still possible that a ticket is forthcoming. It is not up to the guy whether or not to press charges, it will be up to the police department, and then the state.

Zemanbeast

I went up to the road I was on last night and I saw something that might help in my favor.
Right were I almost hit the guy were my skid marks were (no lols please) there was black ice!
I don't know if it will do me any good if i went to court seeing how ice has a tendency to melt. (maybe i should take a picture just in case)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">