• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

RECKLESS in Michigan, need help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

redX

What is the name of your state? Michigan, Macomb county.
I have a ticket for Reckless driving that was dropped down from illuding (running from the cops, i dont know how to spell it). I am 17 years old, I ran when i seen the lights and they droped pursuit, i stoped at a store and then got pulled over 30 min later and i stoped.
The cop questioned me and i told him it was me (he allready knew). I was put in the back of the cop car (never read my rights). had me sign a confission, told me if i did not he would tell the judge i was not complient. so i did. was put in the county jail holding cell for 4 hours untill my bail was posted.
Now my questions now are were they alloud to put me in a holding cell with other people that were over 18? becasue there were 20 people in there that were older than 18? I was never handcuffed or read my rights, does that mean something? I dont know what to do now. thanks for any help.

kathrynne

It's ELUDING, and when you add "ed" to "stop" or "drop," you must also add another "p" to make it "stopped" or "dropped."

Wouldn't normally have posted this, but you opened the door when you admitted you didn't know how to spell "elude." Sorry (and you're welcome, I hope!)!

Can't give you any legal advice, but at least I stopped editing already instead of dragging out the blue pencil for the whole shebang! ;)

redX

kathrynne said:
It's ELUDING, and when you add "ed" to "stop" or "drop," you must also add another "p" to make it "stopped" or "dropped."

Wouldn't normally have posted this, but you opened the door when you admitted you didn't know how to spell "elude." Sorry (and you're welcome, I hope!)!

Can't give you any legal advice, but at least I stopped editing already instead of dragging out the blue pencil for the whole shebang! ;)
Sorry, I'm 17 years old and got a C in english......

kathrynne

Just trying to help where I can! Most times I sit on my hands while reading forum posts, trying to not cringe at the spelling and grammar errors, because most folks don't KNOW they're not spelling things right and take offense at any form of correction.

When you said you didn't know how to spell that word I thought you might want to know the correct way--specifically trying to avoid offending you (and hope I succeeded).

Some things can't be helped, like growing up in a teaching family and knowing Dad would be rolling in his grave if I made certain types of errors. Know what I mean? ;)

I

itsacatsworld

OK Kathrynne is the official spellchick from now on. Remember what daddy said now "Anything worth doing is worth doing your best". I dont want to see you on these boards posting about wrongful termination just in case you screw up ok? :D :cool:

Curt581

redX said:
What is the name of your state? Michigan, Macomb county.
I have a ticket for Reckless driving that was dropped down from illuding (running from the cops, i dont know how to spell it). I am 17 years old, I ran when i seen the lights and they droped pursuit, i stoped at a store and then got pulled over 30 min later and i stoped.
Let me get this straight... You were issued a citation for Reckless Driving, having been reduced from Fleeing or Eluding an Officer....And you're still complaining?

In my state, and many, many others, Eluding is a Felony, punishible by up to seven years in prison.

Dropping to Reckless is a gift from God Himself. Pay the ticket with a smile.
The cop questioned me and i told him it was me (he allready knew). I was put in the back of the cop car (never read my rights). had me sign a confission, told me if i did not he would tell the judge i was not complient. so i did. was put in the county jail holding cell for 4 hours untill my bail was posted.
Now my questions now are were they alloud to put me in a holding cell with other people that were over 18?
Yes, they are.
becasue there were 20 people in there that were older than 18?
Irrelevant.
I was never handcuffed or read my rights, does that mean something?
Handcuffs are restraints. Nothing more. They do not signify an arrest, or non-arrest. You can be handcuffed without being arrested, and be arrested without handcuffs.
I dont know what to do now. thanks for any help.
Pay the ticket, and be glad they reduced the charges.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">