• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

"Reckless" Operation in Norwood/Cincinnati Ohio...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wrxwrx

What is the name of your state? Ohio

I was turning left at a five way intersection with lights, speed limit is 25, I accelerate to 25 rather quickly... it's raining and the roads are wet, and I have to avoid getting in the by oncoming traffic, but there is room for me to make my turn... A cop whips out behind me from a side street and pulls me over for rapid acceleration... Although I wasn't speeding... I didn't squeal tires... and I was making a sharp left turn... at 25 MPH!

He comes back with a "Reckless" operation citation... (Yes he mispelled wreckless) and I cannot read the citation #... it's either a 3,5 or 9... He also mispelled payment citation... "payent" citation, so this cop is obviously an idiot, how do I win this ticket?

I drive a blue subaru wrx, and it's fast... 300Hp, 0-60 @ 5.2seconds... and I got pulled over accelerating to 25 in 3 seconds... it takes me less than 1 at the track...

I do NOT have a spotless record, I have 2 speeding tickets, so that'll probably play a factor too... but I haven't had a speeding ticket in my wrx... only in my old car.

wrxwrx

Anyone have any advice?

i'm going to plead not guilty, and get another court date... Feb. 28 is my first appearance... any suggestions?

racer72

Nothing in your post suggests the ticket was not proper or valid. In the context used, reckless is correct.

From Dictionary.com

reck·less ( P ) Pronunciation Key (rkls)
adj.

Heedless or careless.
Headstrong; rash.
Indifferent to or disregardful of consequences: a reckless driver.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">