• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Reckless Speeding Ticket in Loudoun County

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Slavica85

I was going 71mph on 45 in Loudoun County, Virginia which is 26 miles over and is reckless. My court date is coming on Jan 30th and I was wonder if I should take a driving improvement class "before" I go to court? I do not have any points on my liscense and this is my first speeding ticket. I do not know what to do. Please help. Thank you.

Last edited:

homillerlaw

Reckless Driving in Loudon

For a reckless driving charge in Virginia, i first recommend that you retain an attorney to represent you. I say this not because I am an attorney, but because reckless driving is considered a criminal offense, punishable on the same level as assault, trespassing, and petit larceny. [/URL]

As for taking a driver improvement class before your case, this may or may not work to your advantage. There are some jurisdictions in Virginia that refuse to order driving school as a way to reduce or dismiss a charge. I am not familiar with Loudon's policy as to driving school, so you may want to check with the court or a local attorney before taking the class. If the court does allow driving school completion as a way to reduce the offense, it will usually provide you with 2-3 months to complete the course and return the certificate to the clerk.

Last edited by a moderator:

ram1

Use commonsense..

Obviously, the first reply from an attorney says the same old crap - "Reckless driving in VA is a serious felony offense with jail time, fines up to 2500.. blah blah blah"

All I would say is use your common sense, do a lot of research on the Internet, listen to people who have posted their experience. Then decide if you need a lawyer. A lawyer would obviously talk about the worst case scenario. If they were to arrest and suspend everybody with Reckless driving charge, what would happen?

I had a reckless driving ticket at 87 miles on a 65 road in Faulkner county. What did I do? Did a LOT of research on discussion boards, spoke with a few people who went thro the same. I went prepared to face the Judge - With excuses, driving history, educational background etc etc etc. But when i went to the court, the DA offered to convert every body's reckless driving charge to a speeding ticket IF, they were just a few miles over the speeding ticket limit and had a clean history. So she gave me and everybody there a $100 fine, and 6 points. (Go to class and wipe em off). I dont know if all DA's in all countys would do this though.

So all I would say is - Do a lot of research and decide - If you want to spend 500 bucks on a attorney or spend 5 hours on research.

VADriver16

Help...

I was going 71mph on 45 in Loudoun County, Virginia which is 26 miles over and is reckless. My court date is coming on Jan 30th and I was wonder if I should take a driving improvement class "before" I go to court? I do not have any points on my liscense and this is my first speeding ticket. I do not know what to do. Please help. Thank you.
I am also in the same situation as you. I am charged with 92 on 55 in loudoun county, VA. My court date is on mar 16. My DMV history is clean, no points and this is my first ticket too. Could you please let me know the steps you are taking?

Thanks.

sukharev

Almost every ticket can get reduced to lower speed, when doing plea bargain. That's how the system works. But, make no mistake about it, when you are talking about reckless, your risk to get the charge as it stands is high if you do it yourself. I'd consider $500 a small price to pay for the peace of mind, and I did pay it before. Do what you have to, but talk to experienced traffic attorney first, it's typically free to have a consultation.

Obviously, the first reply from an attorney says the same old crap - "Reckless driving in VA is a serious felony offense with jail time, fines up to 2500.. blah blah blah"

All I would say is use your common sense, do a lot of research on the Internet, listen to people who have posted their experience. Then decide if you need a lawyer. A lawyer would obviously talk about the worst case scenario. If they were to arrest and suspend everybody with Reckless driving charge, what would happen?

I had a reckless driving ticket at 87 miles on a 65 road in Faulkner county. What did I do? Did a LOT of research on discussion boards, spoke with a few people who went thro the same. I went prepared to face the Judge - With excuses, driving history, educational background etc etc etc. But when i went to the court, the DA offered to convert every body's reckless driving charge to a speeding ticket IF, they were just a few miles over the speeding ticket limit and had a clean history. So she gave me and everybody there a $100 fine, and 6 points. (Go to class and wipe em off). I dont know if all DA's in all countys would do this though.

So all I would say is - Do a lot of research and decide - If you want to spend 500 bucks on a attorney or spend 5 hours on research.

Where the bloody hell is "Faulkner County"?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">