• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Red Light Camera ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jeffthepoet

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? California

Off of the webpage www.highwayrobbery.net I read an option for a red light camera ticket:

Ignore It?

Here is another defendant's opinion of what to do with a red light camera ticket:

"I have had many red light camera tickets in Beverly Hills and West Hollywood but never paid for any of them. I just ignored the notice and threw it away. I also ignored the second notice that came in the mail stating that amount of fine is now doubled and collection action will be taken. It is all a bunch of cr*p.
If you are an attorney, you should know that they have no proof of service and bench warrant cannot be issued. They will never spend the money to serve every violator.
I advised all the people that I know to throw those tickets away and many did. Years went by and nothing ever happened to anyone nor me.
I wish that everyone just threw these tickets away and possibly this nonsense would stop. Thank you."

My question is if I "ignore it" will my license be suspended?

Thank you,

Jeff

That would depend on

if they can prove you were the driver at the time of the infraction.

If you're getting these new fake tickets that CA is doing, it's most likely an attempt to get you to verify who the driver was. Look on the back of the tickets. If they're for real, they should have info on court procedures and dates. If it's blank, throw it out.

jeffthepoet

Proof?

From California

Alcohol Free,

Thanks for the response. The blurred picture makes it hard to prove who the driver is. The Late Time on the picture states .01 and not long enough for a "steady" red light which takes at least .01 to turn on. A "Mickey Mouse" ticket is how the editor of "Highwayrobbery.net" described it. I guess the attorney who threw his tickets away felt that there was no proof of service and thus no warrant could be issued. Does this sound true? The court also threatens to contact the State Francise Board.

Thanks again,

Jeff

Jeff

So let me get this straight. First they send a fake ticket, and then they send high pressure notice that your fines have been doubled which is to trick the public into paying double? I'm amazed this is legal.

What if you wern't the one driving your car at the time but you reply to the fake ticket because it's sent to your address and get convicted for a violation you didn't committ?. That otta constitute wrongful prosecution and the possibitly of being able to sue the State.

As far as a license suspension goes, I guess you could call an attorney ask if the fake ticket is enforcable. I don't see how it could be enforcable because you have the right to a court hearing. And the ticket doesn't provide hearing information. Report back with his/hers response. It'll be interesting to see who's side the attorney's are really on with this.

myworld29t

dude, the lawyer might want to furthur investigate and then you actually get a real ticket or just pay consultation fees that are more than 100 bucks.if it the fee is more than 10 dollars, just ask your neighbor, bring him a beer for the advise.

jeffthepoet

Real Ticket

It's a real ticket, but no proof of who it is and of service to person with the license plate. I'm leaning toward the "ignore it" approach.

Thanks your time,

Jeff

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">