• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Red light camera ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

randomguy

Red light camera ticket-Update ticket dismissed.

What is the name of your state? California

One of my commerical driver received a red light ticket. Has any law been passed recently that requires company to id the driver?

Last time this happened,i just did trial by written declaration and argue that no law required us to id the driver and being the fact company wasn't driving it...we basically were not responsible for the ticket. Is this still argument still going to fly this time?

Update: Got reply today from court, ticket was dismiss and bail will be returned within 60 days. So took 1 1/2 month from time of sending to time of receiving decision from the court. Guessing that i will be receiving letter from sheriff department soon, demanding to know who was driving

Last edited:

Hey There

2-1-08

randomguy

Last time this happened,i just did trial by written declaration and argue that no law required us to id the driver and being the fact company wasn't driving it...we basically were not responsible for the ticket. Is this still argument stil going to fly this time?
According to the website highway robbery Updated Jan. 30, 2008
no law requires identification of the driver by the owner of the vehicle if the vehicle is ticketed for running a red light
by a photo camera.

Best Regards,
Hey There

Last edited:

randomguy

Thanks for both of your replies, it's good to hear that law haven't changed yet :D

It been a while since i done TBWD, all i need is to fill out form tr205 and that will serve as both request for trial by written declaration and my statement of that fact that court will review before rendering decision after officer replies.

I also need to send in bail with the form in the amount the ticket is

Is that correct?

TIA

Hey There

2-2-08

That's correct:)

Two ways to win with TBWD
1.If the officer fails to fill out form 210 by the date on his form, the person issued the ticket wins by default.
2.The person cited proves he was cited in error.:)

Best Regards,
Hey There

randomguy

Heythere, thank you for reply. Sent the paperwork today with bail amount, now the wait. Do you or maybe someone knows how long a officer has to respond to the judge? Is their a specific amount of time that officer has? Wasn't able to find through the search

TIA

Hey There

2-5-08

randomguy

I wasn't able to locate a specific time limit either.:confused:
On Form 210 the court writes in the time the officer has in which to reply.
How long did it take last time?

Best Regards,
Hey There

randomguy

Update:

Got reply today from court, ticket was dismiss and bail will be returned within 60 days. So took 1 1/2 month from time of sending to time of receiving decision from the court. Guessing that i will be receiving letter from sheriff department soon, demanding to know who was driving

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">